Fleas are the constant worry for all pet owners. The pests feed off the blood of your beloved pets and can become a major issue for your pet and your entire family. The pets are prone to fleas’ problems more in the summer season. There are a lot of solutions to deter the fleas but chemical ridden products are not safe to use for your pets. However, there are some effective home remedies for fleas that you can start using. Here, you will discover some simple and effectual natural home remedies.
Citronella oil can be very effective flea repellent when you mix other oils in it. It is an effectual home remedy that keeps the fleas at bay.
- Add 5 drops of geranium oil, 10 drops of tea tree oil, 20 drops of citronella oil, and 10 drops of lemongrass oil to warm water
- Mix this ingredient and use it to wipe your home
- Repeat the process as needed.
Osage orange is also known as horse apples that help you to repel the fleas and other pests. It can last for 2-3 months in a well-ventilated house.
Cut the Osage orange or horse apple into two pieces and place its half piece in the hallway and each room of your house.
Cedar oil is a holistic flea treatment for your pets to get flea off. It is also safe to treat young pets and kitten with fleas but remember to use it in moderation.
- Take 3 tsp. of water and 3-5 drops of cider oil and mix them
- Now, saturate bandanna with 5-10 drops of this solution
- Alternatively, you can also use lavender oil instead of cider oil.
- Reapply the solution once a week.
Apple cider vinegar
This is one of the easiest home remedies for fleas that help you to get fleas off your pet. It will also improve the health of canine and deter pests.
- Add 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar in a water bottle and pour some water in it (for 40 pounds dog).
- Change the water every time
- Use this spray to control the fleas.
This is natural flea dint for your pet. Use it to deter the fleas.
- Boil some water and add lemon slices in it
- Now remove the lemon slices and cover the pot
- Leave it overnight and next morning dips the brush of your pet in this solution
- Use this brush through your pet’s coat
- Alternatively, use a sponge for short-haired dogs.
However, there is a wide range of home remedies for fleas that is simple and effectual but you need to do some precautions with these natural remedies. These remedies will help you to deter fleas’ especially adult flea species that can be a big problem for your pet and your entire family. Leave a comment and let us know which home remedy you will try to get the flea off.