Security of your router and internet connection is so important. It is easy to hack both of them which leads them to access your personal files even. When you set a router, first thing that should be done by is to change username and password of the network.
How to change Xfinity router login name and password?
There are two ways that helps you to change Xfinity router 10.0.0.0.1.info username and password.
Method 1: you can change password through Xfinity account app:
- First thing you need is the Xfinity username and password in order to login the account.
- Open the “my account app” and then tap on the internet icon. If you’re a user of an android device, then tap on the menu icon which is present in the upper-left corner of your mobile’s screen and then click on the internet option.
- An option of wireless gateway will be shown to you, tap on it.
- Now select settings, different options will be displayed on your mobile’s screen. Choose Wi-Fi settings.
- Now change the username and password. Make sure that your password should be very difficult to be guessed by others. After making changes, tap on save.
- A few minutes will be taken by your gateway to save the updates and changes that you have made.
- Now reconnect your any wireless device to your Wi-Fi connection. You will not be automatically connected to your network. You need to enter your new network username and password. Now you have successfully made changes to secure your wireless network.
Method 2: online through the website xfinity.com:
- Open this website on your computer or laptop. After having access to the website, log in to the account of Xfinity by entering username and password.
- After login, select the option of settings. Now you will see that text has been changed into blue color.
- Select internet that is present under the option of Xfinity service and now go to the credentials of Wi-Fi.
- Now select the option of edit through which you can make changes in your Wi-Fi username and password. Enter the new password and name of your choice and click on save.
- Now reconnect your device with the internet by entering your new username and password.
Changes in SSID:
If you want to completely secure your wireless network, then also make changes in the SSID (Service Set Identifier). It is the name of your router. This name appears when you search for the Wi-Fi network.